Home / NEWS / ALLEGED #250M MOSES EKPO’S SECURITY VOTE

ALLEGED #250M MOSES EKPO’S SECURITY VOTE

  • POLICE TO BEAR WITNESS AGAINST NSIBIET JOHN THE INK EDITOR, THURSDAY

On Thursday the 3rd of August, 2017 the Nigerian Police Force will enter the witness box in the Magistrate Court 2, Uyo Judicial Division to testify against Nsibiet John.

Nsibiet John who edits THE INK Newspaper is standing trial on the orders of the Akwa Ibom State Government for presiding over a Newspaper that dared to publish a story alleging that the Akwa Ibom State Deputy Governor Mr. Moses Ekpo is allegedly pocketing #250m monthly as security vote.

The case which was first heard on Friday January 6th 2017 has lingered till now. The permanent secretary in the office of the Deputy Governor Nkopuruk Ekaiko and press secretary to the Deputy Governor Ekikere Umoh who earlier testified in court had made confessional statements exonerating Mr. John from the publication when they admitted that THE INK Editor did not author the said news story.

Prosecuting counsel Godwin Udom had earlier informed the court that he intends to call three witnesses which were the permanent secretary in the Deputy Governor’s office, the press secretary to the Deputy Governor and the police.

While the perm sect and press secretary had since testified, the police is expected to make their position, Thursday.

At the last adjourned date, the prosecuting counsel had appealed to the court to grant them an adjournment to enable the police appear on Thursday, 3rd August, 2017.

Prosecuting counsel had explained that the police could not make an appearance because of the Governor Mr. Udom Emmanuel’s reception at Asan Ibibio and promised that by August 3rd, Thursday that the police will be on hand to enter the witness box.

With the consent of both the prosecuting and defense counsels, Godwin Udom and Ekemini Udim respectively, the matter was equally adjourned to 3rd August, 2017 by the trial magistrate.

Meanwhile, some kitchen cabinet members and aides to the Deputy Governor are expressing excitements that Nsibiet John will be sent to jail.

The Deputy Governor’s men describe Nsibiet John as a stubborn man who dared to expose the office of the Deputy Governor.

They maintained that the Deputy Governor Moses Ekpo as the Second most important man in the state has gotten the support of the state Attorney General Uwemedimoh Nwoko whom this medium learnt is to instruct the magistrate to convictTHE INK Editor and sends him to jail.

Press secretary to the Deputy Governor Ekikere Umoh could not ascertain this allegation as at press time even as the information unit of the Akwa Ibom State Ministry of Justice declined comments on the matter.

When we contacted THE INK Editor Nsibiet John, the fearless journalist said since the matter is in court, he would not speak on it as it will amount to subjudice.

He however expressed optimism that the court will decide the matter on the bases of the law and objectivity. He said “whatever is the case, my brother and friend; there is no cause for alarm”.

About ireportersng

Check Also

IbomAir moves to get NCAA cert, scales third phase

iReporters News   The plan by Akwa Ibom State Government to float the first state-owned …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: